January 15, 2021
Electrical Fire in Student Center

Electrical Fire in Student Center

At 10:45 a.m. on January 17, the Mabee Student Services Complex was evacuated due to a small electrical fire in the men’s restroom.

Rachel Steele, associate vice president for student services, said, “the Conway Fire Department responded promptly and allowed the Complex to reopen by noon the same day”.

The damage was minimal and no one was injured; however, Dining Services moved lunch from the dining hall in the Complex to Cafe ’52 in the Story Library.

“We just got what we needed, put it on carts, and transferred all the food and stuff to the library and served in the cafe,” said Dezzarick Hamilton, dining hall cashier.

The maintenance department is still repairing the damage in the men’s restroom.

Leave a Reply